Looking for something?

Teacher Envy

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

AHHH

Tomorrow (oops, technically today) is my first day of school with all of the staff. Inservice starts tomorrow morning at some undisclosed time--I'm hoping 8:30 because that's what time I will be ready. Meg and Lauren and Caitlin came to help today and they were a godsend. After what felt like moments, however, they had to go back to Philly and I started freaking out again. Tomorrow afternoon is the lat time I'll be able to be in my room before the kids come and I am worrying out of control. I feel like I have so much empty wall space and so many things still left to do and zero time in which to do them. I know I should be sleeping now, but I am zipping around as a result of too much caffeine and just general craziness.

Everyone keeps saying I'm going to be fine, which just makes me worry more. I don't want to do a poor job and I want to be a great teacher. I know I'm my biggest critic and it really doesn't matter if I don't have my books organized by topic, I don't have the right bins and baskets to put my books in, I don't have the right binders for my parent communication logs, I've never spoken a word of Spanish in my life, I haven't planned any of my lessons yet, reading terrifies me... Okay, pictures and a general sense of calm will come tomorrow. (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment