Looking for something?

Teacher Envy

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Progress!

Oh goodness, I am exhausted! Today I had the rest of my reading training and then back to the room to try and get it together. After having another mini-freak out last night, I went in to the room today with a positive attitude, my iPod, and an iced coffee. Apparently that made all the difference!

Megan hanging out yesterday, exhausted after making her move so many things!

 I started cutting out Dr. Seuss quotes on vinyl to hang around the classroom. The beginning looks so cute, but the rest will have to wait because we ran out of the same color vinyl. Hopefully my order will come soon, I can't wait to see the finished product.





It's a good thing Megan wasn't in the room with me again today because--guess what? I rearranged things again! I really like the desk set up, though, which I still wasn't sure of last night. I moved the cubbies from randomly placed throughout the room to next to one another under the word wall. I moved the pink bookshelf with all teacher materials from that wall and slowly dragged it over to the library area. I moved the shorter bookshelf to the back of the library so it seems sort of blocked off and really has a nice feel to it.

Word wall/cubby/pink bookshelf before


New pink bookshelf home/library/meeting area/most rearranged area of the room so far!

New cubby home & small group table PILED with books that need a new home!


My mom and her friend came over after work to help me out--and they brought goodies! I now have Dr. Seuss fabric to back my bulletin board, stamps, Dr. Seuss stuffed animals, and a partially leveled library.



After a quick (10 hour) inventory of the room, I decided I needed another storage rack. Luckily (or unluckily for my bank account) Target had a perfect one I was able to scoop up. I also found bins I'm going to use for each student to have their own book bin, Dr. Seuss window clings, Dr. Seuss bulletin board border, stickers, binders for organizing my subjects, and a carpet for my reading area! $200 later, I was able to walk out of the store.

I'm moving the file cabinet out of here, scooching down my one storage area, putting my new one next to it, and covering that ugly backside of the bookshelf with some fun fabric.

I feel so much better now that the room is beginning to come together--I keep forgetting that it has only been three days that I've been home. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I hope my classroom can be built before the 6th!

I think mouse feels the same way I do right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment