Looking for something?

Teacher Envy

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

EXCITING NEWS! and a linky

It's official... today I got my contract for teaching at my school next year! I am so happy and proud of the work that I have done this year--and so indebted to all of the amazing teacher bloggers I stalk daily. Truly, without their wonderful ideas, pinterest, and my friends' and family's support, I never would be here.

And even though I am proud of what I have accomplished this year, I am already furiously planning at the back of my mind what I want to change/do differently next year (in whatever grade I wind up!)

SO I'm linking up with Mrs. Stanford's Good Reads Linky to get new ideas of summer books.

Here's what I already plan on taking with me to camp:




  1. I received a copy of this in October from my financial planner and subsequently threw it in a pile of things. I can't wait to have the time to sit back and read this one, especially because my friend Megan is OBSESSED with Ron Clark. Like, in college we watched the Ron Clark Story on Lifetime at least 5 times.



  2. After reading some interesting blog posts about inquiry-based  learning, I wanted to learn some more. A few clicks and an Amazon prime order later, It is already packed in my backpack for camp.



  3. Anything "Common Core" and Lucy Calkin catches my eye, so I'm hoping this will be useful next year as I attempt to long-term plan instead of jast having a mad rush every Sunday night.

  4.  and 
    These are two I'll definitely be rereading and rereading and rereading this summer. I'm really proud of the growth of my students in reading, and I definitely think this structure helped foster their love of reading.


  5. I need more minilesson ideas than Lucy Calkins has in her books, so I'm using this to help me structure writing. Minilessons for each month? Please and thank you.


  6. This is our district's summer reading book this year. I'm excited because I have been told it also has lesson ideas inside! Hooray for an idea of curriculum! Hooray for structure! Hooray for not mapping my own curriculum!

  7. Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades TrilogyOf course.


  8. Miscellaneous thrillers and mysteries? I need more fun books to read! {Hence the linky!}
Click the link below to link up and share your summer reading list!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! And wow wow wow I need that Ron Clark!!! Thanks for making me aware :)

    Jessica Stanford

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book on inquiry looks very intriguing. Why are school buses yellow? My summer reading list is growing too from reading these posts! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start by saying that I love your profile description . . . "reluctant adult!" It made me smile this morning :). Really excited to learn about the book, "NO More, I'm Done!" This is going to be a must-read this summer. Thanks for sharing. I am a follower :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete