Looking for something?

Teacher Envy

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Okay, so this is going to be really short because I'm trying to do last minute things--as usual--but I am happy to say I SURVIVED THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

I could barely sleep last night, so even though I went to bed at ten, I couldn't fall asleep until around two. That being said, my first thought this morning was that I was soo looking forward to taking a nap after school--which didn't happen, sadly.

Impressions from my first day:

  • First graders are so TINY!
  • First day of school outfits are adorable--I had girls in tutus and pigtails
  • I need to work on giving directions a step at a time!
  • I completely forgot that they would be bringing in school supplies to school--their desks were a mess at the end of the day with glue sticks and unsharpened pencils everywhere
  • We learned 1, 2, 3, eyes on me really well today. I did a lot of modeling and practicing with that, so I need to keep that in mind for the future skills
  • First graders have tiny bladders
  • Planning all of my student teaching lessons the night before was a horrible routine to get used to
  • The SJU mile long lesson plan is not ideal when I need to write 10 lesson plans a day
  • I miss having roommates to talk ideas out with
  • I forgot that whole-body exhaustion feeling from student teaching where my body would feel like it was shaking for hours after school because of the adrenaline
  • I need to keep drinking water and not talk so much!
I was hoping to have my plans for the rest of the week finished today before I left school. Which turned into when I got home. Which turned into tomorrow after school I will have Thursday and Friday planned--because they need to be posted by Thursday morning!

Thanks to everyone who sent me kind messages today and asked how everything was going! I'm sad and sorry that I didn't get a chance to answer everyone yet. My main victories for today: I did not throw up or cry! Here's hoping for another no tears day tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful first day!! I'm sure that you are going to be an amazing teacher for those kids!
    Love,
    Alex McCabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can post comments now???? Glad you survived the first day, no tears no vomit....always a sign of success!!! love meggie

    ReplyDelete